For Immediate Release
June 15, 2009
19th Annual National Train Show® July 10 – 12, 2009
FIRST TIME In New England! ONLY TIME in Hartford! A Once-In-A-Generation Appearance
The 19th Annual National Train Show®, the industry’s most respected model train show and trade exposition. Each year this illustrious event is held in a different city and state in North America. The Show will make its “New England debut” when it arrives to Hartford’s Connecticut Convention Center – host venue for the 2009 extravaganza. The Show never repeats a host city, so this is Hartford’s one and only chance to experience this extraordinary event.
The event celebrates all aspects of model railroading including the industry’s newest and unique products and services from manufacturers and retailers from the U.S. and around the world. The Show covers 145,000 sq. ft. of space of Halls A & B, including 37,500 sq. ft. dedicated to extraordinary operating model train displays from New England modeling clubs.
Friday, July 10 – Sunday, July 12
Connecticut Convention Center – Halls A & B
100 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT 06103
Dates & Times
Friday, July 10 Noon – 6 p.m.
Saturday, July 11 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, July 12 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Senior Adults (65+): $11.00
Two-day Ticket (valid for one person only): $22.00
Children (6-12): $6.00
Children under Age 6: Free
History Channel’s Matt Bown: The Show welcomes New England’s own Matt Bown – host of The History Channel’s Extreme Trains series – Fri. & Sat., July 10 & 11. Matt will greet Show guests and sign autographs at the BLMA Models booth #280-281.
- It’s all here – All of the latest and greatest model trains, accessories, collectibles and more from the world’s best-known manufacturers and retailers geared for all model railroaders – from firsttimers to old-timers.
- The Incredible Lego®MiniLand – It’ll stop you in your tracks! This 10,700 sq. ft. area is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, originally-designed display featuring operating model railroads, hundreds of train cars, various landscape settings and waterfalls, scale buildings, retractable bridges, and more… and all made entirely out of millions of Lego® pieces! Attendees are invited to “meet the modelers” and learn how to build their very own original display.
- Ask The Collectibles Appraiser – Have an old train set hidden away in the closet? Wondering what it’s worth? Bring it to the show and find out from The Collectibles Expert. Free to all attendees.
- Children’s Play Area – 1,500 sq. ft. of fun including trains, games and more for children of all ages to enjoy during the show. The area is chaperoned at all times and is free of charge.
- Hands-On Demonstrations – Learn how to get started on your own model railroad empire and find out the latest techniques from well-known exhibitors, and from pros at the Meet the Master Modeler booth.
Owned, produced, sponsored by
National Model Railroad Association® (NMRA®), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of and education about the model railroading hobby. Founded in 1935, the organization is the largest of its kind in the world.
For local information, visit: www.enjoyhartford.com
Mary Sudasassi, Haber & Quinn Public Relations
[o]: 954-764-6011 x:26
Laura Soll, Greater Hartford Convention & Visitors Bureau